Knitted Star Quilt Along!
The Knitted Star Quilt Along is underway!
Week 1: Planning
Week 2: Cutting
In addition to weekly newsletters, there will be an exclusive Facebook Group for quilt along participants. This is a great place to ask question and see everyone's progress! I'll share more about the group a little later.
This pattern is labeled as an "Intermediate" skill level so you'll want to have several quilts under your belt before you tackle this one. That being said, this is a great pattern to challenge your skills and maybe learn a few things! There is a lot of repetition and opportunities to grow and practice. A few of the topics we will be covering in the quilt along are:
- Accurate seam allowances
- Keeping things square as you sew
- Strip piecing
- Pressing seams open
- Cutting blocks in half after they're assembled
- Piecing blocks "on point" or using diagonal rows
Like I said, this will be a great skill builder quilt along! I'm so excited to get started! Here are more details:
- When: September 14th - November 9th (8 weeks)
- Where: Information will be sent out via email on Mondays, you can also join the Facebook group to ask questions and share advice.
- How: Complete the weekly prompts and share your progress on Instagram using the hashtag #knittedstarqal ! Using the hashtag will enter you to win prizes (remember your account must be public for us to see what you share!)
- Supplies: You'll need to purchase the pattern before the Quilt Along begins. You can either purchase a digital copy or a printed copy. Here are the fabric requirements. You'll need basic quilting supplies...you can find a list of my favorites here. If you plan to make the Traditional version, a Stripology ruler is very helpful, but not required.
As you can see there is a Modern Version and a Traditional version. For the Quilt Along, you can do any version in either the Throw or the Bed size.
If you are looking for a fabric bundle, we currently have a few bundles in our shop!
Here is a list of fabric shops that have Knitted Star bundles!
Want to catch up on all of my Knitted Star blog posts?
- Cover Knitted Star Blog post & Pattern Details
- My Red & White Bed size Knitted Star Quilt
- My Ruby Star Society Knitted Star Quilt
- Pattern Tester Knitted Star Quilts
If you sign up, be sure to share this image to your social media account. Tag @loandbeholdstitchery and use the hashtag #knittedstarqal and you'll be entered to win a $25 gift card to my shop! You have until the start of the Quilt Along to enter. The winner will be chosen at random on Sept. 14th. Giveaway is open world wide!