Brittany started Lo & Behold in 2017 as a way to connect with her late grandmother, Lois (Granny). Granny instilled a love of creating in Brittany from an early age. Brittany vividly remembers spending summers at her grandparents house crafting at the kitchen table. They would create Christmas ornaments, water color paintings, pottery and more. While Brittany never had the chance to learn to sew or quilt with her grandmother, Granny created many quilts on her own....which were later passed down to Brittany.
After Granny passed away in 2013, Brittany inherited her vintage sewing machine and quilting supplies. It was then that Brittany decided to learn to quilt in Granny's memory. Using various pieces of her grandmother's clothing, Brittany created her first quilt.... a memory quilt. The rest is history.
Brittany released her first pattern in November 2017. Since then, she's released almost 20 quilting patterns in both paper and digital format that offer a wide range of skills and designs. Lo & Behold Patterns can also be found in various quilt shops throughout the US and internationally.
Brittany's husband Peter joined the Lo & Behold team full-time in March of 2020. His roles include a lot of the boring business things that Brittany doesn't want to do. :) He also create quilt kits and fabric bundles!
- Magazine Contribution: Love Patchwork and Quilting - Issue 72, Cover Pattern
- Magazine Feature: Love Patchwork and Quilting - Issue 74, Designer Profile
- Magazine Contribution: Love Patchwork and Quilting - Issue 75, The New Classic
- Magazine Contribution: Love Patchwork and Quilting - Issue 76, "Choosing Colors"
- Magazine Contribution: Love Patchwork and Quilting - Issue 77, "No Filter Needed"
- Magazine Contribution: Love Patchwork and Quilting - Issue 78, "In Good Company"
- Magazine Feature: Curated Quilts - Issue 12, Cover Quilt
- Magazine Feature: Quiltfolk - Issue 16, "Puff the Magic Quilt"
- Podcast Interview - American Patchwork & Quilting Podcast - Episode 449
- Magazine Feature: Our State Magazine - December 2020
- Juried Quilts: QuiltCon 2019 - Interwoven quilt, Shades of Citrus quilt, Mountain Horizon quilt
- Juried Quilts: QuiltCon 2020 - Interwoven quilt, Model Farm quilt
- Janome Maker - 2020-present