Mountain Horizon - PDF
Mountain Horizon is inspired by the way the sun rises and falls over a mountain range, and the resulting colors of the horizon. Each block plays off the next with the sun coming between two mountain peaks.
- This pattern is written for five sizes: Wall Hanging (16" x 33"), Baby (33" x 33"), Throw (49" x 65"), Full/Queen (81" x 114"), and King (114" x 114"). Since this pattern is block based, you can easily add or subtract blocks to customize size.
- This pattern assumes that you have a basic knowledge of quilting. It includes helpful diagrams, thorough instructions, alternate color-way ideas and a coloring page to plan your quilt.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- This pattern is traditionally pieced. Templates are provided for the curved pieces. I recommend cutting those out and tracing them onto a sturdy surface such as cardboard or plastic template paper.
- This pattern is written for use of Fat Eighths/Quarters or Yardage. A Fat Eighth is considered a 9 x 21" cut of fabric and a Fat Quarter is considered a 18 x 21" cut of fabric. All yardage is assumed to be 42" wide. All seam allowances are 1/4".
- Pattern requires cutting and sewing along bias edges. Use starch as desired.
- Pattern is for personal use only. Duplication of any kind is prohibited.
- You may sell quilts that you make using Lo & Behold patterns, but please give design credit to Lo & Behold Stitchery
- This is a PDF digital copy. Please make sure that you enter a valid email address at checkout. Your pattern will be emailed to you. It can be viewed on your phone/computer or printed on standard 8.5" x 11" paper. If you have trouble with the initial download, try using a different browser, or a laptop/desktop. You can find a link to the paper pattern here.
Last two quilts were created by Fran Gulick and Susan Leach.