Mountain Horizon is inspired by the way the sun rises and falls over a mountain range, and the resulting colors of the horizon. Each block plays off the next with the sun coming between two mountain peaks.
- This pattern is written for five sizes: Wall Hanging (17" x 34"), Baby (34" x 34"), Throw (51" x 68"), Full/Queen (85" x 119"), and King (119" x 119"). Since this pattern is block based, you can easily add or subtract blocks to customize size.
- Pattern includes helpful diagrams, thorough instructions, alternate color-way ideas and a coloring page to plan your quilt.
- Skill Level: Intermediate
- This pattern is traditionally pieced. Templates are provided for the curved pieces. I recommend cutting those out and tracing them onto a sturdy surface such as cardboard or plastic template paper.
- This pattern is written for use of Fat Eighths/Quarters or Yardage. A Fat Eighth is considered a 9 x 21" cut of fabric and a Fat Quarter is considered a 18 x 21" cut of fabric. All yardage is assumed to be 42" wide. All seam allowances are 1/4".
- Pattern requires cutting and sewing along bias edges. Use starch as desired.
- Pattern is for personal use only. Duplication of any kind is prohibited.
- You may sell quilts that you make using Lo & Behold patterns, but please give design credit to Lo & Behold Stitchery
- This is a PDF digital copy. You will instantly download the pattern after checkout. It can be viewed on your phone/computer or printed on standard 8.5" x 11" paper.
Last two quilts were created by Fran Gulick and Susan Leach.