First Gift - Paper
This listing is for a PAPER copy of First Gift. Pattern printed on a 5.5" x 8.5" booklet using high quality paper. It is enclosed in a clear zip bag. Pattern will be shipped in 1-3 business days. A digital copy can be purchased here. I also have quilt kits available in my shop.
First Gift is my take on the classic “Celtic Twist” or “Round the Twist” block combination which dates back to the 1800s. My grandmother used this design to create my baby quilt. It was the first of many gifts that she gave to me, including her gift of quilting and creativity. This is the first quilt in the Lois Quilt Collection. You can read more about that here.
- 5 sizes: Baby (45" x 45"), Throw (57" x 68"), Twin (79" x 102"), Queen (102" x 113") and King (113" x 113"); since the pattern is block based, you can also add and subtract blocks to customize your quilt size
- Pattern includes helpful diagrams, thorough instructions, alternate color-way ideas and a coloring page to plan your quilt.
- Two styles: Modern or Traditional; fabric requirements, cutting instructions and sewing instructions are included for both
- Fabrics used on cover quilt are Robert Kaufman Kona Solids: Amber, Tangerine, Nectarine, Creamsicle and Lingerie; Quilting is by J-Coterie.
- Skill Level: Confident Beginner
- Yardage friendly
- WOF= 42" if your WOF is less than 42" wide, you may need more yardage
- Pattern is for personal use only. Duplication of any kind is prohibited.
- You may sell quilts that you make using Lo & Behold patterns, but please give design credit to Lo & Behold Stitchery
- The last four quilts were created by my testers. In order, they are Nicki (@wovenandwoolly), Emily (@homemadeemilyjane), Coby (@lifewitheleanor) and Rachel (@quiltsforallsparrows).