Heirloom Hearts QAL
The Heirloom Hearts Quilt Along starts on Monday January 10th!
Here's our schedule...click where you see an underline to take you that week's information!
- Week 1: Jan. 10th - Cut Fabrics
- Week 2: Jan. 17th - Sew Heart Blocks
- Week 3: Jan. 24th - Sew Nine Patch Blocks
- Week 4: Jan. 31st - Assemble Forty-Nine Patch Blocks
- Week 5: Feb. 7th - Assemble Quilt Top
This pattern is great if you have a few quilts under your belt! The blocks are simple, but this pattern is labeled as Advanced Beginner, just because there are a few elements that really need to be precise. Here are some things that we will cover in the QAL:
-How to achieve an accurate and consistent seam allowance
- Strip piecing
- How to "snowball" corners
- Nesting Seams
Here's a closer look at some of the details:
- When: January 10th - Feb 14th (5 weeks)
- Where: Information will be sent out via email on Mondays, you can also join the Lo & Behold Patterns Facebook group to ask questions and share advice.
- How: Complete the weekly prompts and share your progress on Instagram using the hashtag #HeirloomHeartsQAL ! Using the hashtag will enter you to win prizes (remember your account must be public for us to see what you share!)
- Supplies: You'll need to purchase the pattern before the Quilt Along begins. The PDF or paper copy of the pattern are now available! You'll need basic quilting supplies...you can find a list of my favorites here.